I regularly make reference on Twitter to the various Podcasts and Audio Shows that provide me with interesting listening on long car journeys or when I’m out walking. It’s amazing how much you can learn by regularly listening to Podcasts, which I find entertaining and inspiring in equal measure.
I’ve also written on Why You Should Listen To Podcasts for Personal Development.
Recommended Podcasts for IT Professionals
As I often get asked for recommendations for Podcast listening, here is a list of my recommended Podcasts for IT Professionals.
Last Updated: 17th July, 2015
- The Content Marketing Academy Podcast – Host Chris Marr speaks with thought leaders with advice on how you can grow your business.
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast – Successful author John Jantsch provides a regular Podcast where he interviews noted business owners and writers. Like all the Duct Tape Marketing resources, well worth checking out.
- IT Channel Inbound Marketing Podcast – Joshua Feinberg over at SP Home Run puts together a regular Podcast featuring news and advice for IT Companies who want to improve their Marketing, as well as interviewing some of the top industry experts.
- The 5am Miracle – Dedicated to “dominating your day before Breakfast”, host Jeff Sanders offers up infectious energy and ideas that will help you achieve more.
- AllThings Productivity Podcast – The AllThings team from Dundee, Scotland share insight into being productive and interviews with some productivity masters.
- Beyond The To-Do List – Host Erik Fisher talks with people on all aspects of productivity, getting good work done and living a good life. Consistently my favourite (and most inspiring) listen.
- The Getting Things Done (GTD) Podcast – The official Podcast of David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD), talking productivity, efficiency and personal development.
Personal Development Podcasts
- Bob Burg Interviews – Not a Podcast as such, but author and speaker Bob Burg regularly interviews a variety of fascinating business and sales authors for his blog. I’ve yet to be disappointed listening to these quality interviews.
- The Changeability Podcast – Hosts Julian Illman and Kathryn Bryant offer insight into making the changes in your life that you’ve always wanted to.
- Radio Headspace – Georgie Okell of meditation app company Headspace provides a weekly Podcast all about how the mind works and what the mind is capable of.
- Social Triggers Insider – The always energetic and insightful Derek Halpern with advice on attracting leads and making sales.
- The Tim Ferriss Show – The author of The 4-hour Work Week shares insightful and thought provoking conversations with entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
Technology and Business Podcasts
- CIAOPS Need to Know Podcast – My good friend and Aussie Robert Crane interviews business owners and experts from the world of SMB IT and Managed Services.
- Guardian Tech Weekly Podcast – The Guardian team talking tech, with all the latest news and some of the best round-up’s and interviews you’ll hear.
- PC Pro Podcast – the PC Pro magazine team look at the latest tech and tech news stories.
- Smart Passive Income Podcast – A fantastic resource for marketers, entrepreneurs and business owners thanks to Pat Flynn.
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a plug to my own Podcast, TubbTalk – The Podcast for IT Consultants.
For those who asked about my Podcast client of choice, it’s currently DoggCatcher for Android.
Am I missing out on a Podcast or Audio Show that you think I’d enjoy listening to? Please do leave a comment below so I can check it out and possibly add it to my recommended Podcasts for IT Professionals list!
Latest posts by Richard Tubb (see all)
- Haystack – Never get caught without a business card - May 27, 2016
- 15Five – Employee Engagement Software - April 1, 2016
- Norse Attack Map – Real-Time Cyber-Attack Map - February 12, 2016