The phrase “I need more sleep!” will be one muttered by more than a few UK residents this week, as the UK clocks moved forwards an hour for British Summertime over the weekend and many people lost an hours overnight sleep.
So when Peter Kim forwarded me a copy of the Infographic “You Need More Sleep” (featured below) – it was very timely indeed.
While the Infographic is U.S. focused, the principles are the same – that many of us are not getting enough sleep and as a result our day-to-day activities suffer.
Four top tips for a good nights sleep
- Finish work well before bed-time and give yourself time to wind down from the working day. Turn off electronic devices and read a book or listen to music to relax.
- Take a Calcium Tablet with a glass of water, and a tea-spoonful of Almond Butter before bed. The Calcium (just like the traditional glass of milk) will help you sleep well and the Almond Butter will keep your blood sugar levels steady and help you awake refreshed.
- Keep a pen and pad by the bedside. If you can’t get to sleep, or wake up in the middle of the night with things on your mind – jot them down. The act of getting things out of your head and onto paper is often enough to let you go back to sleep.
- Invest in the iOS Sleep Cycle Alarm clock app for your iPhone or iPod, or a similar app for your mobile device and experiment with it to get an idea of when you should be waking up.
You may also like -
Latest posts by Richard Tubb (see all)
- E-Myth your business – My interview on The Marketing Academy Podcast - February 19, 2015
- The Must Read email newsletters I recommend - February 16, 2015
- Could your business benefit from a mobile app? - February 2, 2015