I regularly make reference on Twitter to the various Podcasts and Audio Shows that provide me with interesting listening on long car journeys or when I’m out walking. It’s amazing how much you can learn by regularly listening to Podcasts, which I find entertaining and inspiring in equal measure.
As I often get asked for recommendations for Podcast listening from the owners of IT businesses, here is a list of my recommended Podcasts for IT business owners. I’ll try to keep this list updated in the future.
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast – Successful author John Jantsch provides a regular Podcast where he interviews noted business owners and writers. Like all the Duct Tape Marketing resources, well worth checking out.
- Guardian Tech Weekly Podcast – Alek Krotoski and Guardian Technology Editor Charles Arthur talking tech, with all the latest news and some of the best round-up’s and interviews you’ll hear.
- The Human Business Way Radio Show – Blogger Chris Brogan provides a mix of interviews and informative advice dedicated to entertaining you while also teaching you a thing or two about doing business in a much more relationship-minded way. (Pssst…- stick around for the “secret” listener section at the end of the show!)
- PC Pro Podcast – the PC Pro magazine team look at the latest tech and tech news stories.
- Outriders – Hosted by Jamillah Knowles, Outriders is BBC Radio 5 live’s programme dedicated to exploring the frontiers of the web. Some really interesting content you won’t hear elsewhere.
- Bob Burg Interviews – Not a Podcast as such, but author and speaker Bob Burg regularly interviews a variety of fascinating business and sales authors for his blog. I’ve yet to be disappointed listening to these quality interviews.
- CIAOPS Need to Know Podcast – My good friend and Aussie Robert Crane interviews business owners and experts from the world of SMB IT and Managed Services.
- IT Channel Inbound Marketing Podcast - Joshua Feinberg over at SP Home Run puts together a regular Podcast featuring news and advice for IT Companies who want to improve their Marketing, as well as interviewing some of the top industry experts.
- Smart Passive Income Podcast – A fantastic resource for marketers, entrepreneurs and business owners thanks to Pat Flynn.
Oh, and if you’re a massive geek (as I am) then you’ll enjoy listening to the following Podcasts away from work too.
- The Art of Wrestling – Professional Wrestler Colt Cabana shares his road-trip diary and talks to some of the most interesting people in Pro-Wrestling.
- The Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show – Jeff Rubin presents interviews with interesting people who have turned their obsessions into professions, as well as expert analysis on geeky things that probably don’t warrant analysing.
- Steve Austin Show – Professional Wrestling and actor “Stone Cold” Steve Austin provides one of my favourite Podcasts bar none. Check it out for its humour, even if you’re not a Wrestling fan!
And for those that asked about my Podcast client of choice, it’s currently DoggCatcher for Android.
Am I missing out on a Podcast or Audio Show that you think I’d enjoy listening to? Please do leave a comment below so I can check it out and possibly add it to this list!
Latest posts by Richard Tubb (see all)
- The 2014 list of IT Channel Events for MSP’s - March 10, 2014
- What is it like to disconnect from the Internet for a day? - March 8, 2014
- My Experiment in unplugging for a day - March 6, 2014