I regularly make reference on Twitter to the various Podcasts and Audio Shows that provide me with interesting listening on long car journeys or when I’m out walking. It’s amazing how much you can learn by regularly listening to Podcasts, which I find entertaining and inspiring in equal measure.
As I often get asked for recommendations for Podcast listening from the owners of IT businesses, here is a list of my recommended Podcasts for IT business owners. I’ll try to keep this list updated in the future.
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast – Successful author John Jantsch provides a regular Podcast where he interviews noted business owners and writers. Like all the Duct Tape Marketing resources, well worth checking out.
- The 5am Miracle - Dedicated to “dominating your day before Breakfast”, host Jeff Sanders offers up infectious energy and ideas that will help you achieve more.
- Beyond The To-Do List - Host Erik Fisher talks with people on all aspects of productivity, getting good work done and living a good life. Consistently my favourite (and most inspiring) listen.
- Guardian Tech Weekly Podcast – Alek Krotoski and Guardian Technology Editor Charles Arthur talking tech, with all the latest news and some of the best round-up’s and interviews you’ll hear.
- The Human Business Way Radio Show – Blogger Chris Brogan provides a mix of interviews and informative advice dedicated to entertaining you while also teaching you a thing or two about doing business in a much more relationship-minded way. (Pssst…- stick around for the “secret” listener section at the end of the show!)
- The Owners Mind with Chris Brogan - Top blogger and author Chris Brogan speaks with business owners to help you grow your business by improving your capabilities and connections.
- Smart Passive Income - Pat Flynn shares his insights and experiences into making a living online.
- The Tim Ferris Show - The author of The 4-hour Work Week shares insightful and thought provoking conversations with entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
- Odd Tuesdays - The worlds top MSP Blogger – Karl Palachuk - with a Podcast for IT Consultants that features what’s new in tech management and best practices for running an IT business.
- Marketing Academy Podcast - Host Chris Marr speaks with thought leaders with advice on how you can grow your business.
- PC Pro Podcast – the PC Pro magazine team look at the latest tech and tech news stories.
- Bob Burg Interviews – Not a Podcast as such, but author and speaker Bob Burg regularly interviews a variety of fascinating business and sales authors for his blog. I’ve yet to be disappointed listening to these quality interviews.
- CIAOPS Need to Know Podcast – My good friend and Aussie Robert Crane interviews business owners and experts from the world of SMB IT and Managed Services.
- IT Channel Inbound Marketing Podcast - Joshua Feinberg over at SP Home Run puts together a regular Podcast featuring news and advice for IT Companies who want to improve their Marketing, as well as interviewing some of the top industry experts.
- Smart Passive Income Podcast – A fantastic resource for marketers, entrepreneurs and business owners thanks to Pat Flynn.
- Social Triggers Insider - The always energetic and insightful Derek Halpern with advice on attracting leads and making sales.
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a plug to my own Podcast, TubbTalk – The Podcast for IT Consultants.
For those who asked about my Podcast client of choice, it’s currently DoggCatcher for Android.
Am I missing out on a Podcast or Audio Show that you think I’d enjoy listening to? Please do leave a comment below so I can check it out and possibly add it to this list!