Most Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) would say “Yes” due to the fact the client is still paying their bills! But the reality is that for many MSP’s, by the time you realise your client *isn’t* happy – it’s too late. The client is ready to leave.
So how do you retain clients successfully? How do you keep a finger on the pulse of the clients levels of satisfaction with your service?
Measuring client satisfaction
It’s important to track client satisfaction on a continuous level. You can do this through:-
- Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) where you discuss the clients business and future plans
- Regular account management – making frequent telephone calls or client visits to see how things are
- Engineer “floor walks” – engineers visiting site to ask client staff if there is anything they can help with
- Surveys and Testimonials – straight-up asking the client to rate the levels of service you provide and if they are happy, to tell others about this
MSP Client Heartbeat
I recently recorded an interview with Australian IT entrepreneur Gordon Tan. As well as running a successful MSP and an IT recruitment company, Gordon is the founder of Client Heartbeat – a tool that enables MSP’s to measure client satisfaction and benchmark client metrics against other Solution Providers.
In our interview, Gordon and I discuss:-
- Why MSP’s need to measure Client Satisfaction in order to grow their business.
- The road that led Gordon to build Client Heartbeat.
- What Client Heartbeat allows MSP’s to achieve.
- Why assuming that your clients are happy is not enough.
- Gordon’s tips for success building an IT business.
I hope you enjoy our conversation which you can view on video or listen to or download via Audio Podcast below.
TECHNICAL NOTE: If you’re having problems listening to audio here, disable any Ad-Blockers and make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash. If you’d like to download an MP3 audio copy of this interview to listen to away from your keyboard, then click the download button above or visit http://snd.sc/1a5Xug2