My blog post with A list of Professional Service Automation (PSA) Tools for MSPs has proven to be very popular, so I thought I’d create a similar post looking at another essential product for Managed Service Providers – the RMM.
What is an RMM Tool?
A Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tool is an essential part of any Managed Service Provider (MSP) business.
An RMM tool is the software that helps your MSP business to proactively find, monitor and update client endpoints. These endpoints are traditionally workstations and servers, although modern RMM tools can monitor and manage smartphones, network devices and much more.
Why use an RMM tool?
By using RMM tools, you can automate many maintenance tasks and proactively be alerted to any issues that will affect your client.
You will find that a good RMM tool minimises the time you spend travelling to client sites, and allows your service desk to deal with multiple clients concurrently — a real efficiency (and, in turn, profitability) gain for your IT business.
Which RMM should I use?
There are dozens of RMM tools available to MSPs and IT Solution Providers.
Some questions to ask yourself when researching an RMM tool include:-
- What type of endpoints do I want to monitor? Some RMM tools are PC-specific, others manage Apple Mac products, and others manage network devices. Which devices will your MSP need to manage?
- Do you require patch management? Do you want to monitor endpoints, or proactively update them with the latest software? If you want to proactively update, is it just Microsoft products you want to manage, or other 3rd party products too?
- Do you need PSA integration? If you’re already using a Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool, then you will want to make sure that any RMM tool you pick integrates with your PSA
To help you research and choose your perfect RMM tool, here is an alphabetical list of RMM Tools for MSPs.
A List of Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) Tools for MSPs
- Atera – An All-in-One RMM, PSA, Remote Access and Billing platform
- Auvik – Network Management Software
- Barracuda Managed Workplace RMM
- ConnectWise Automate RMM – Formerly known as LabTech
- Datto RMM – Formerly known as Autotask
- Domotz – Remote Network Device Monitoring & Management System
- ITarian RMM
- Kabuto from RepairTech – Simple RMM for Residential and SMB Clients
- Kaseya VSA
- LogMeIn Central
- Naverisk RMM
- Ninja RMM
- SolarWinds RMM
- Syncro MSP – A combined PSA & RMM product
Am I missing an RMM tool off this list? Contact me and let me know, and I’ll update this blog post.
Which RMM tool do you use in your IT business? Leave a comment below and let us know!