If you take a quick glance at The 2020 List of Awesome Events for MSPs then you’ll see that, as a result of COVID-19, nearly all the usual IT industry events have been cancelled.
However, all was not lost!
The good folks at SmileBack decided to put an event together for MSP Managers that took place entirely over Zoom!
The team at SmileBack called their event Remote Connect. Remote Connect was an interactive, content-rich Zoom experience created by MSP managers for MSP managers.
The event featured 9 different breakout sessions to choose from, with myself delivering the events keynote presentation. We’ve all know spending hours sat watching webinars and talking tech can be overwhelming. SmileBack however, surprised and brought a magician to the event! A highlight of the event for sure.
An Event by MSP Managers for MSP Managers
The Remote Connect event was made up of 3 x 3 parallel sessions, each delivered by industry professionals, and covering topics such as:
- Managed Services in the time of Corona: a keynote by me on how the current crisis is affecting our industry.
- Follow these 7 steps to double your sales closes: MSP, Cloud and Security Sales Expert Erick Simpson revealed the 7 keys to closing more business.
- Feedback matters: SmileBack shares insights on the importance of getting timely, abundant, and actionable customer feedback—now more than ever.
- Transforming your clients’ experience: Phillip Myers of Captain’s Chair shared the journey of a business review.
- No alarms and no surprises—Acing the quarterly business review: Daniel Welling of Welling MSP presented on the effectiveness of QBRs for MSPs.
- 7 Secrets to more vendor Market Development Fund (MDF): B2B marketing veteran Ted Hulsy, CEO at IronPath, shared his secrets for getting more than your fair share of vendor MDF!
- Power and potential of automation: an interactive panel featuring industry experts from Datto, MSPbots, and JNR Networks.
- MSP, this is our call to IT Leadership: Vera Tucci of T-Consulting, a thriving Italian MSP focused on security and business continuity services for SMBs, presented a “workbook” that participants could work on to create a guideline and manual for Leadership in the MSP world
- Fireside chat with Richard Tubb facilitated by Jonathan Crowe of NinjaRMM
This was an event by MSP Managers for MSPs Managers!
Managed Services In the Time of Corona
Here is my keynote presentation and fireside chat from the event for you to watch on-demand.
Remote Connect Roundup
Feeling like you missed out, or wish you had caught one of the other sessions? Don’t worry, SmileBack have put together a full round-up of the event including all the session overviews. Click here to watch. Let me know what your biggest takeaways were from each session (oh, and make sure you watch the virtual magic show!).
Remote Connect Report
If you were there, you know there was a lot of fun had, but a lot of value shared! If you missed it, fear not, SmileBack has also put together the Remote Connect report to fill you in on what was shared, and so you can experience some of it too.
Raising funds for COVID-19 Charities
Remote Connect took place on Wednesday 13th May 2020 with *all* registration fees going to Doctors Without Borders a charity supporting COVID-19 relief efforts. They raised $1,625 in total!
Click here for the event round-up!
This was an awesome virtual event, proving that you can be innovative with online events, making them packed full of value and fun. It was great getting together with my MSP peers at this virtual event. Kudos to SmileBack for putting this event together and raising funds for COVID-19 relief efforts.