What can an IT Managed Service Provider learn from McDonald’s burgers and UK crime drama, The Sweeney?
Hiring the right staff and delivering a profitable IT Managed Service
Andy and I discuss:-
- Why Andy refers to Break/Fix as “Sweeney Support”.
- Who are the Consort Group?
- What have been the major changes in the MSP market?
- Tackling the IT Skills Shortage – Hiring vs Outsourcing
- Understanding Digital Natives and Digital Migrants
- What should IT employers look for in new hires?
- How McDonald’s demonstrate consistency through processes.
- How to deliver profitable client support services.
- The value in standardisation for Managed Services.
- If Andy were to start an MSP again today, what would he do differently?
- Why becoming a trusted advisor is more profitable than being a techie.
- The value in sticking to what you’re good at.
- The power in IT companies collaborating over competing.
- Who is the better superhero, Superman or Spider-Man?
Watch the Video
You can also watch the video of my interview with Andy Pope.
Mentioned in this episode
- The Email Laundry
- MSP Raise Your Game Road show
- Old Trafford, Manchester United Football Club
- The Consort Group
- The Sweeney
- Integral IT