Chris Day on the importance of IT documentation
In episode 10 of TubbTalk I speak with Chris Day of IT Glue, an IT documentation platform, and the CEO of one of Western Canada’s biggest MSP’s, Fully Managed.
In our conversation, Chris and I discuss:-
- How an MSP can think globally rather than just locally.
- The biggest challenge in being the CEO of not one, but two businesses.
- How running a SaaS business is different to running an MSP.
- Why IT documentation is so important to MSP’s.
- How to calculate the cost of poor IT documentation to an MSP business.
- What the benefits of good IT documentation are to an MSP’s clients.
- The best way to get started with IT documentation.
- Mitigating the risk associated with bad or lack of documentation.
- Which RMM tools will integration with IT Glue.
- The concept of Documentation-as-a-Service.
- An IT Glue discount code for TubbTalk listeners.
[tweet_box design=”default”]IT documentation is one of the top factors in MSP’s running more efficiently[/tweet_box]
Mentioned in this episode:-
- Fully Managed
- IT Glue
- 40 under 40 award
- Alberta’s Best Workplace
- British Columbia Small Business Best Employer
- ConnectWise Partner Community
- Service Leadership Index
- Video: Simon Sinek: Start why why
- Book – Mistakes MSP’s Make – The Five Most Important Mistakes IT Managed Service Providers Make Which Cost Them Time and Money
- How to create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Autotask Endpoint Management (AEM)
- Request a demo of IT Glue
- IT Glue on Twitter
- Fully Managed on Twitter