How do you manage a hosting and software development company that has staff in three different countries and two different time zones, all while you’re in a different country yourself?
Marc Gadsdon on Zimbra, WordPress and Managing a Distributed Team
In Episode 09 of TubbTalk, I speak with Marc Gadsdon of In-Tuition, a data and email hosting provider and software development company. InTuition is a business with several purpose-designed locations in the UK and staff distributed across the world.
In our conversation, Marc and I discuss:-
- Zimbra – one of the best-kept secrets in solutions for IT Solution Providers and Managed Service Providers (MSP’s).
- Zimbra’s powerful integrating abilities, ease of use for file sharing, communicating and keeping your diary up to date.
- What Zimbra can offer over Exchange and Office365 and what it can offer in terms of building value for your business.
- Why Zimbra is very reliable at protecting and recovering your data.
- Premium WordPress Hosting and how the right host can shave time off your website loading time.
- The challenges of managing a remote team in Manchester, London and Canada when you’re based in Andorra.
- Travel caching, Tim Ferriss style life-hacks and becoming better at planning when on the road.
- Why great communication is key when you work remotely from your business.
Mentioned in this episode:-
- TubbTalk 03 ft Phylip Morgan of the Network Group
- In-Tuition – Zimbra & WordPress hosting
- Voice-Over-IP (VoIP)
- Pivotal tracker
Tim Ferriss – How to Never Check Luggage Again
- EasyPress is now known as Pendeo Press.
- Note: If you sign up for a site at www.getpendeo.com and drop an email to the Pendeo support team and let them know I sent you – they tell me they will make sure you get extra special treatment thay may involve some free hosting…).
- Marc Gadsdon on Twitter
[tweet_box design=”default”]Zimba, WordPress and Managing a Distributed Team. The TubbTalk #Podcast.[/tweet_box]